The Health services are provided to student and staff through the main Medical Centre of the University at Wellamadama Premises and Medical Centers at Faculty of Engineering and Agriculture. Three medical officers including University Chief Medical Officer and other health staff are attached to the Main Medical Centre. The centre provides following medical facilities for the university students, staff and families of the staff on every working day.
- Treatment for patients
- Prevention of spreading of infections through vaccination and treatment, health education
- Counseling, specially for psychiatric illnesses
- Basic medical laboratory tests
- Referring of patients to the General Hospital Matara for admission, special clinics and surgery
- Monitoring of sanitary and hygienic conditions of all university canteens, hostel canteens and hostels
- Education of students on first aids
- Doctors from Health Department are invited to advise students on relevant health issues whenever necessary.
- Arrangement of first aid team for various University functions, sports and other festivals
Two separate medical centers operate at the faculties of Agriculture and Engineering will provide the same services as listed above.
In addition, a Dental doctor is available at the Dental Clinic of the main Medical Centre and provides services on every working day
Contact details of Medical officers are as follows;
Main Medical Centre (Wellamadama, Matara)
Dr. L.S. Yapa (Main Medical Centre, Wellamadama, Matara)
Dr. A. Weerasinghe (Main Medical Centre, Wellamadama, Matara)
(041-22247002 Ext. 2121)
Dr. (Mrs.) Atapattu
(041-22247002 Ext. 2165)
Medical Centre, Faculty of Agriculture, Mapalana
Dr. A.S. Leelasena
Medical Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Hapugala
Dr. K.A.D. Gunarathna
(091-245765-8 Ext. 1405)